Thursday 18 August 2011

Experimental Thursday: Baked Apple & Rhubarb Tart


I have an admission to make; I made this dish up on the spot. Last night I bought some rhubarbs, the apple tree in the garden had shed a few fruits and I thought to myself "this would make a perfect stew, I can freeze it and use it at the end of my diet".

As luck would have it, this morning I found out that by week 4 I can have 1 serving of not-sweet fruit every few days, today is the 4th day of my 4th week on the diet and my brain went a-whirring. So I managed to create, a grain free, gluten free, sugar free (excluding any fructose in the fruits and xylitol), SCD safe, potentially paleo applicable dessert.

The thing is that I can't share the recipe with you just yet, because I haven't tested it and it wouldn't be fair to send you out into your kitchens to bake a tart that may have just been down to sheer luck (I did find a 10 pence piece in the street today) and not the right formula. So for now, all i can give you are the pictures of my first attempt at apple & rhubarb tart. I promise to perfect the recipe and have it with you shortly.

Hope you've had a wonderful day!
X

No comments: